Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Schedule

With our new fall schedule in full swing, it has become time for me to update my current recipe inventory. I am looking for crock pot/casserole recipes that require little time and effort but will satisfy my family and still have leftovers.

Here's how my weekly afternoons look:
Monday - dance at 7
Tuesday - soccer at 6
Wednesday - free
Thursday - soccer at 6
Friday - every other week, soccer at 5

We usually eat dinner at 5:30, so you can see how this poses a bit of a challenge.

Tonight, I am trying a crock pot recipe that I found this morning. I don't have a review for this one yet, but I will let you know how it turns out.

Crock pot Chops

6 pork chops - browned
1 onion - chopped
6 tbsp. ketchup
1 can cream of mushroom soup
4 tsp. Worcester sauce
1 small can of sliced mushrooms - drained

Place chops in crock pot. Mix together all other ingredients and pour over the chops. Simmer 4-5 hours. Serve with rice, noodles or potatoes.


I am serving this with mashed potatoes (spooning a little of the 'gravy' over top) and sweet peas.


UPDATE:

This was really yummy. I would recommend using boneless pork chops and trimming most of the fat off because they will fall to pieces. Be sure to make a big batch of mashed potatoes because this works really well spooned over them.

No comments: