Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday

OK, you may all already know this one. I just started doing it this way, though, so there maybe someone out there who can use this little glimmery nugget of info. Here goes: when you are freezing ground meat, place it into your freezer bag of choice and press it out until it is flat. My sister in law uses a rolling pin for this. I use my hands. :) Get out as much air as possible and seal.

Now, when you put the meat into your freezer, they will stack nicely and take up less space. But, my favorite part is that they thaw out a MILLION times faster. OK, that million times thing was not scientifically calculated, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Sandi said...

great tip. I'll remember that. :) I posted an award for you on my blog.

http://www.pregnantcancer.blogspot.com