Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another crazy day

This has been quite the morning. Madison had picture day at her school, so we were up early fixing her hair and making sure the dress was perfect. (one day soon I will post her picture and you will see why it takes so long to fix her hair) Then, we all loaded in the car to drop her at her school and then take Nathan to school. Usually, it is just me on the school run, but this morning was the PTO at Nate's school so Ralph and Lauren went with me. One of the great things about my husband is that he tries to be as involved in the kids school happenings as possible.

After the meeting, Ralph went for a hair cut and Lauren and I ran to get some breakfast. We hardly ever get to eat breakfast together (except on Sundays) so that was fun. Ralph went to work and Lauren and I went to the stores. I ran to Walmart for some outdoor folding chairs and then went on the hunt for caramels. I thought we could make some caramel apples this weekend, but apparently so did everyone else in town. I finally tracked down 2 bags and some sticks, so the kids will be happy. I also bought some magnets and wood cut outs for the kids to paint and glue together. My house seems to be the black hole of magnets, so I thought maybe if the kids made them, they wouldn't be so quick to eat them, or whatever they do with them.

Tonight, we have soccer practice so it will be a quick dinner with no new recipes to post, but I promised I would share some, so here is one of our favorites.


Parmesan Roasted Asparagus

2 lbs asparagus
salt & pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place asparagus on a cookie sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt & pepper over asparagus and toss to coat. Roast for 15-20 minutes. Top with parmesan cheese and put back in oven for 1 minute to melt.

*This works well with broccoli and brussel sprouts too! If using brussel sprouts, we usually cut them in half before baking. You can leave the cheese off, if you'd like.

No comments: