Saturday, September 27, 2008

I'm the lucky one

Its 10:38 pm Saturday night here. All of my children are asleep, which is rare. I actually have a relaxing minute. My dryer is running, the washer just stopped, and I actually have a minute to catch up on email and post. This moment was made possible by my wonderful husband.

You see, after the early morning soccer game, he spent the majority of the afternoon in the yard playing and running with our children. I mean it, he was out there for a LONG time, with the exception, of course, of the time during which he watched the LSU game. Then, while I was near exhaustion on our couch at 8, he suggested I go see if the kiddos were ready for bed. They weren't. But, with some coaxing, they decided they were ready after all. Who knew???

And now, after my relaxing, and uninterrupted, bath, I am able to sit here and post because he, my wonderful husband, is in the kitchen peeling the fresh Gulf shrimp we bought from 'The Shrimp Man' today so that I won't have to do it tomorrow. Yep, all 5 pounds of them. Why? Because he knows I hate doing it and am not very fast at it so it will take me forever. This would, of course, lead to him having to listen to me griping about having to do it and how much I hate it. Sure, he will benefit from this. I mean, he will be able to have a completely wonderful shrimp inspired meal tomorrow, but he just got up on his own and started peeling. I didn't even have to ask. He's pretty wonderful, I think.

No comments: