Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fudge Brownies - from scratch and easy

I used boxed brownie mixes for a long time, until I found this recipe for homemade fudge brownies. We like them better than the boxed ones and they are pretty simple to make.

Fudge Brownies

2 sticks melted margarine
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 and 1/4 cup flour

Melt margarine. Combine margarine and sugar in large bowl with whisk. Add eggs and whisk until fluffy. Add salt, cocoa and vanilla. Stir well. Add flour. Stir until mixture is thick and chocolaty. Turn into a well oiled 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Remove from oven and cool before cutting.

~Nicole

1 comment:

Sandra said...

My family has teased me for SO long because they say I have tried 375 brownie recipes!! I have searched and searched for one that was just as good as the box ones. This recipe is IT!!! I made it today and my 3 girls said they all want this recipe for their cook books. Thank you for posting it!