Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Kitchen Tip Tuesday: Boiling Eggs

My Nana taught me this years ago and it is the best way I have found to boil eggs. They come out perfect every time.



Place eggs in your saucepan/pot. Cover with cold water. Place on stove and turn the burner on high. When the water comes to a rolling bowl, start a timer for 10 minutes. At the end of the 10 minutes, drain the hot water and place the pan in the sink. Begin running cold water over the eggs to cool. Proceed to peel as normal.



BONUS TIP: If you are making deviled eggs, turn the eggs over in the carton the day before you will boil them and the yolk will be perfectly centered when finished.







Click here for more Kitchen Tips

1 comment:

Kim said...

I usually do the same up until the water comes to a rolling boil - then I take them off the burner and let sit for 20 minutes while I do other things. Perfectly hard boiled eggs and no green tinge to the yolks either. Saves energy too!