Friday, March 27, 2009

Do you ever find yourself with an extra 4 dozen eggs in your fridge? No? Anyone? Well, I did. And, my fridge was seeming to be on the fritz, so yesterday was an Egg Bonanza around here.

For starters, I boiled 18 eggs. The plan was to make both egg salad and tuna salad (with eggs, of course) sandwiches for dinner and still have a few left over to use in salads the next day. I made the mistake of letting my husband help me make the tuna salad and there were no eggs left over. Don't get me wrong, I'm really glad he helped me. Usually the cooking is my thing, but he jumped right in last night, so who was I to turn down the help.

Then, I made Fudge Brownies. They are GREAT. Try them if you haven't already. And, they call for 4 eggs, so that is an added bonus.

Finally, I had already planned to make my husband one of his favorite desserts. But, since he helped me with dinner, he really deserved it.


Egg Custard Pie

3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tablespoon flour
1 tablespoon butter
pinch of salt & nutmeg

Beat eggs. Add sugar and butter - cream well. Add other ingredients and beat. Pour into unbaked pie shell and bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Lower the temperature to 300 degrees and bake 25-35 minutes longer, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.


Now, I'm down to just over a dozen eggs. I am much more comfortable with that. If my fridge does go out, that is much less to be using all at once.

What do you do when you find yourself with extra eggs that need to be used quickly?


~Nicole

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I clicked on the brownie link twice and both times it said the page cannot be displayed.

Nicole said...

Thanks Sandra! I went back and fixed the link.