Monday, January 26, 2009

Football Food

We love football. Well, maybe not the girls, but the other 3 of us do. We watch on a regular basis and ALWAYS watch the Super Bowl. Even on years when we don't really care who wins, like this year. This year, we are neither cheering for a team to win or for a team to lose. (Honestly, we only cheer for a team to lose when it is the Patriots - sorry, Kayla, just keeping it real) But, I digress.

We don't throw a big Super Bowl party - only because none of my Husband's friends watch football. But, if they did, I would go all out. I would make a football shaped cheese ball and some football player shaped sugar cookies. If they did watch football, and I did throw a party, here are some things I might cook up.



Stuffed Mushrooms

16 oz. ground sausage
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
1 teaspoon pepper
1 stalk green onion - chopped
parmesan cheese
1 large container mushrooms

Brown sausage and drain. Melt cream cheese in sausage. Add green onions and all seasonings. Mix well. Add bread crumbs to tighten mixture. Remove from heat. Wipe mushrooms with damp paper towel and remove stems. Fill with stuffing and top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.



Spinach Artichoke Dip

20 oz. frozen spinach
1 stick butter
1 (14 oz) can artichoke hearts
6 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup onion flakes
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon bread crumbs

Thaw and drain spinach - set aside. Melt butter in saucepan. Add the artichoke hearts, onion flakes and garlic. Saute 5-10 minutes. Add lemon juice, pepper and spinach. Heat thoroughly. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Pour into greased casserole dish. Top with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Bake at 325 degrees, or until browned on top.


And, who am I kidding? I'm totally going to make all these things anyway and have a Family Super Bowl party.


~Nicole






For more domestic bliss, be sure to visit Blissfully Domestic.






For more tummy temptations, check out Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays.



For more Kitchen Tips, please visit Tammy's Recipes.

10 comments:

Homestay Mama said...

Hi,Paige,
I like your new look! Easier to read!

Have fun at your Superbowl Party!

Homestay Mama said...

Woops! I meant Nicole!

Nicole said...

Thank you! That's exactly why I chose it.

I'm glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

i have got to try the dip..we order it at restuarants, so why not make it for home. thank you!

Brenda said...

THose stuffed mushrooms look great!

Sarah said...

Looks yummy! I'm with you...down with the Patriots :)

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

LOL! I was thinking SUperbowl food, too and posted a recipe. Great looking shrooms and dip!! YUM!

Unknown said...

What a great idea for super bowl Sunday : ).

Lisa@BlessedwithGrace said...

I have enjoyed all the people sharing recipes for the Super Bowl. That is great. Thanks for joining us, this week.

Jenn said...

Who needs the men! Women can rock the SB Party w/out em! lol I love the savory taste of stuffed mushrooms and this looks like a good recipe to try!