Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Kitchen Tip Tuesdays: Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk

I don't usually have condensed milk on hand as I rarely ever use it. But, every now and then, I will come across a recipe that calls for it. In a pinch, here's a recipe for homemade condensed milk. I always have the ingredients needed available.



Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk

1 cup powdered milk
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons melted butter
1/3 cup boiling water


In a bowl, put milk, sugar and melted butter. Add boiling water and mix well with a mixer. Use as you would canned condensed milk. This recipe equals one can.


~Nicole





For more kitchen tips, be sure to check out Tammy's Recipes.




4 comments:

Jenn said...

This is genius. I don't use it often either and this will save me a few bucks! THANKS!

Anonymous said...

Great idea, this is so handy to have in a pinch! Thanks

Screwed Up Texan said...

Wouldn't this better be described as sweetened condensed milk? Nice tip though!

Cindy said...

I just found you from PW's comments.... Whudda thunk homemade sweetened condensed milk? That's something I've never searched the internet for, I've just bought it!! Love it! I'll keep reading your blog now, so much to catch up on!